I hope everyone got enough football from spring drills to last them until fall camp opens. According to the counter on the blog, the LSU game is still more than 123 days away.
- Ken Goe has some comments from Chip Kelly regarding Kiko Alonso's arrest and subsequent suspension. Alonso's suspension will last at least as long as it takes Coach Kelly to gather all the facts about the incident and decide what other action, if any, is necessary.
- Ivan Maisel has a story on LaMichael James stepping into a leadership role this season. As part of that role, it sounds like James has been helping Lache Seastrunk understand what it takes to be an impact player at this level.
- Ted Miller lists the top senior NFL prospects for each Pac-12 team heading into next season. James, along with Andrew Luck, Vontaze Burfict and Matt Barkley, also earn a mention as underclassmen likely to leave as a potential first-round pick.
- The baseball Civil War resumes tonight at Goss Stadium, highlighting the divergent paths the teams have taken this year. Oregon entered the year amid lofty expectations and has scuffled to a record hovering around .500. The Beavers, without those same preseason expectations, have streaked to a 32-9 record and #3 national ranking by Baseball America.
- Kris took part in a Q&A with Building the Dam about tonight's matchup. As usual, he's got some good info about the team, so be sure to check it out. Though, his predictions could use some work.
- Finally, Matt Hinton takes a look at LSU as a preseason national title contender. On their chances to earn a spot in the title game, Hinton concludes: "But no Les Miles-coached team has navigated an entire season with fewer than two losses, even his BCS championship team in 2007, and it's hard to see why this edition would be the one to break the streak." Hopefully the Ducks can get them halfway to continuing that streak on September 3rd.