We made you wait a day, so let's get right to the quack:
- We'll know a bit more about Kiko Alonso's situation this morning, as he is changing his plea and will be sentenced. Once this happens, it will be interesting to see how Kelly responds.
- Oregon basketball will have some adversity in the coming seasons as Oregon faces declining academic progress due to players leaving Oregon. Though the exact results are not yet known, it becomes even more important for Altman to stress academics to his players, as further attrition could lead to loss of scholarships.
- Another weekend, another vital series for the Oregon baseball team. Oregon hosts UCLA at PK Park this weekend. Should be a good matchup, and Kris will have a full series preview later this morning. The Register Guard gets ready for the weekend with a look at Madison Boer, who has been spectacular this season, even if he hasn't had the run support to garner national attention.
- Oregon track is hosting their annual twilight meet tonight. The event will showcase the Oregon team, as well as some top-ranked Americans. And for you football fans, LaMichael James, Dior Mathis and Kenjon Barner will be running the 100.
- George Schroeder has the story of the beginning of the Twilight meet, which started in 1966, and as the Bob Woodell Invitational. Woodell was a long jumper and Oregon senior who had been paralyzed from the waist down a month earlier. The event took on a life of its own and become a huge success.
- Unfortunately, there is some bad news for the track team. Oregon star Brianna Theisen will miss the Pac-10 heptathlon due to a bad back. Unfortunately, this injury puts a serious damper on Oregon's national title hopes.
Leave anything else in the comments. GO DUCKS!