Two weeks from today. Just one more Saturday to go without college football. I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. I'm so excited it, I just can't hide it, I know I know I know I want Quack, I want Quack.
- Looks like Friday practice was an opportunity for Kelly and the Ducks to try some guys at new positions. Moseley points out in his Friday practice report that Dior Mathis was playing some WR, and Nick Musgrove flipped over to TE to fill in for once again injured Curtis White.
- Raise your hand if you think Jordan Jefferson deserves a suspension. I don't. But it's time for him to stop being in the wrong place. Period. I don't have any questions about Jefferson's ability to lead LSU, and I'm not celebrating a bar fight, just adding some commentary like a good columnist would.
- Women's soccer got off to a good start as they took down Wyoming in the season opener 2-0. Maddy Mercier scored the first goal in the 16th minute and Bri Pugh added the capper in the 23rd. It may just be women's soccer, but damn it's good to talk about Oregon Duck games again.
- Ted Miller had a awesome zinger against OSU in his Best case-worst case piece on Friday morning. In the afternoon he opened up the mailbag and answered a number of questions regarding Thomas, Harris and The Chronic. Here's my opinion on pot. I don't really care. I know that makes me a Duck fan with my head stuck in the sand, or blind or whatever. But honestly, if you've lived through the Jailblazer era, you're grown immune to Gonj stories. I know it's illegal, I know it brings even more bad publicity to the school I love, and we've had our fair share in the offseasons. But I'd love for someone to compare the number of alcohol related deaths/incidents/arrests/problems to the number of Herb problems for college kids these days. As for the leadership arguments, if anyone has questions about that, please send my friend MarineCorpsDuck, he's got a few words for you.
- Lastly, who else is excited to watch basketball this year? Oh, you are too? You must not be an NBA fan, cause pretty damn sure that ain't happening. As for the Ducks, Oregon is bringing a bevy of new talent and upgrading a number of spots from last year's surprise competitors and
CBI Champs(yep, that last part still doesn't matter). Personally, I'm excited to see a healthy Jacob back. I really think he'll excel in Altman's system with his ability to play in the mid-range game. Add to that the play makers and talent around him and now he's not going to see as many double teams or help side defenses.
That's the Quack I got for now. Check out the Kelly video after the jump...