Ten days. Ten days until glorious Duck football. If you haven't allowed yourself to get excited, its time to start getting excited. Onto the quack:
- Rob Moseley profiles the secondary, where Brian Jackson should be the new starter at rover, and John Neal expects to be able to go eight deep while still allowing the freshmen to redshirt.
- As for some bad news, the University and baseball coach George Horton are at a standstill in contract negotiations. Already the highest paid coach in the Pac-12, Horton wants a raise to $600,000 annually. Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but with the baseball team more or less subsidized by football tickets, and with fans making it pretty clear that the prices on those have maxed out, you have to wonder where that money would come from unless a big donor decides to subsidize it.
- DeAnthony Thomas got a 4.0 GPA last spring. Nice job, DAT.
- Don't forget that Fan Day is Saturday, if you want to let your kids run around and get some autographs.
- Some things came up, and we were unable to record Tuesday Night Talks last night. However, I was a guest on the Speaking on Sports podcast on Monday and talked Oregon football for about an hour.
- Finally, if you needed another reason to think Oklahoma City was a pathetic, backward place, Oklahoma City schools apparently ban all college gear that's not Oklahoma or Oklahoma State, and forced a kindergartner to remove his Michigan shirt. Apparently, this rule was made under the guise of "anti-gang" rules. I want to know where the rules are against administrative stupidity. Stay classy, OKC.
That's all I've got for today. If you find more, please share.