Happy 3000 everyone! What a beautiful day! Make sure to tweet your favorite stories regarding Oregon's dominance to Chesterfield over at the ATQ twitter, where he'll be reliving your stories and photos throughout the day. On to the quack!
- While fans have focused on Bryan Bennett and Marcus Mariota, incoming freshman Jake Rodrigues has been kind of forgotten, only because of his leg injury this fall. But he gets his walking boot off next week, and he is ready to compete for playing time immediately. Rodrigues comes with high praise, and has the talent to compete immediately. While I still don't expect him to play, it is simply astounding the talent the Oregon has at the QB position. The most successful QB in school history left unexpectedly, and Oregon fans don't expect much drop in production. This is a testament to Chip Kelly's ability to produce QBs, and the job the coaching staff has done getting talented QBs to come to Oregon. Keep your eye on the Register Guard (and quack fix) in the next couple days for articles on Mariota and Bennett.
- It's a huge week for Oregon basketball. Sitting at 4-2 (and through the toughest stretch of the schedule), the Ducks are sitting at 4th in the conference. The Ducks may be contenders in the Pac-12, but they need to win their next 3 games, all of which are winnable.
- If you're in Eugene, get to Matt Court on Saturday. Not only will it be a huge game for the basketball team, but the Rose Bowl champion football team will be honored.
- With signing day fast approaching, there are a few updates floating around. Rickert notes that Thomas Johnson has gone silent after his visit this weekend. He also notes a few visits that are coming up.
- Also, FishDuck's latest writer has a recruiting update as well, taking a look at the many receivers Oregon is still pursuing, and he has a note about basketball.
Speaking of recruiting, we don't cover it a lot here at Addicted To Quack, but we'd like to. If you, or someone you know, loves to talk and write about recruiting, shoot one of us an e-mail. We're looking for someone to write regular posts and share your knowledge with other Duck fans.
That's all I got for the quack. Leave anything else in the comments. GO DUCKS!