Otto Greule Jr - Getty Images
BCS rankings put Oregon at #3, Kelly down plays his influence on the Patriots and Remington's replacement.
It's a bye week so not a lot of quack out there, but let's jump right in and see what we can unearth:
- The biggest news has to be taht the BCS rankings finally came out and even though Oregon is ranked #2 in both the Harris and the USA Today poll, they are #3 in the in the BCS due to the computers.
- Obviously, being ranked third in the BCS means nothing right now with the season only half over, but it is quite surprising considering the Ducks have held pretty steady at that #2 spot for some time.
- The New England Patriots were in the Northwest yesterday to take on the Seattle Seahawks, and Kelly got a couple of questions about his influence on the Patriot's offense. Recently the Boston Globe posted an articleabout Kelly's influence, but if you ask him, he thinks he's learned a lot more than they have taught him. The moral of the story is get used to hearing about Kelly visiting pro team camps cause his coaching style is inviting and eventually someone will entice him away from Oregon.
- The "one-week-off-season" produced another round of WHAT-THE-HELL-ARE-YOU-THINKING as Issac Remington was suspended for DUI. Apparently he is working out with strength and conditioning coaches so when he comes back he's ready to go (read: he's running a shit-load of stairs and doing suicides until he pukes).
- A likely replacement for Remington has to be DeForest Buckner. Buckner will look to be in the rotation with Hart and Armstead alongside the boulders in the middle Heimuli and Keliikipi. Buckner has been solid and improving throughout the year and gives Dck fans a lot of hope that the consistent play of the D-line will continue even with Remington's suspension.
That's all the short quack I have for now, feel free to leave any other pieces in the comments.