The Ducks are in Tempe for a big battle against Arizona State tonight. I think we'll learn a lot about Oregon tonight as they face a very good Sun Devil team. Here's your game day quack!
- One of the big concerns Oregon has is this is the first real road game for QB Marcus Mariota. Ted Miller has a piece on how Mariota will need to battle the crowd. Mariota has been constantly praised for his poise, and this will be put to the test tonight. One player that could make it a long night for Marcus Mariota is ASU DT Will Sutton. Ted Miller has a video interview with him.
- After a huge start in the first three games, De'Anthony Thomas hasn't had a huge last 3 games, as Tako discussed earlier this week. Today, Rob Moseley asks if DAT's Heisman campaign can get back on track against ASU.
- In today's X's and O's piece, Ken Woody explains Oregon's zone blocking schemes. The offensive line will have their hands full tonight as they must coordinate through the noise of Sun Devil Stadium, and also battle the stout ASU d-line.
- The football team isn't the only one in Arizona. The #2 Volleyball team will play in Tempe tomorrow night and Tucson Saturday. Neither the Sun Devils or Wildcats are ranked, so hopefully the Ducks can get a couple more conference victories. Tomorrow night's game at ASU will be on the Pac-12 Network, so make sure to check it out.
- The Ducks seem to be a popular pick in this game with the spread dropping to 8 points. SBNation's Bud Elliot picked Oregon, and both Ted Miller and Kevin Gemmell have Oregon winning by double digits.
What do you think? A big win tonight? Closer than the experts thinks? Worse? Leave your thoughts below. GO DUCKS!