Since game was on Thursday, there's not a lot of Quack out there today. So let's see what we can find and be happy for what we got.
- Biggest Duck news has to be the fact that even though Oregon continues to blow teams out in games, they're getting beat in the BCS poll.
- Ted Miller says it's time to panic. I know he's being sarcastic, but it's not like he needed to tell Duck fans to panic. 2001 still sticks in the minds of plenty of Duck fans that trusted certain polls over others to put them in the final game.
- I'm an obvious advocate of giving Byron Marshall some more playing time and he again showed why on Thursday. Not only did he best his brother in carries and yards, but he's continued to show improvement on reading his holes and making one cut and getting up field.
- You know, one thing that hasn't gotten mention about Oregon is the fact that even though they've been blowing out opponents, the second and third string aren't playing at the same level, and that continues to give the coaches teachable moments with the players. Something Coach Kelly talks about after the ASU game.
- Checking in on past Ducks, looks like Costa has found a nice little role for himself as media member on Talking Ducks. I'll say this, the Kent and Costa duo do a really good job talking about the games and providing insight that a lot of media members don't have without dredging into the personal stuff that shouldn't be a part of their role.
Like I said, not a lot of quack, and probably not going to be a lot this week. So let's talk about what really matters and that's what the polls say 8 weeks into the season.