Matt Kartozian-US PRESSWIRE
Your daily collection of Oregon Ducks news, plus a note about some new happenings on your favorite Ducks blog
Before we get going with the Quack, I'm excited to announce some roster additions here at ATQ
We had our interviews for the Eugene Correspondent position, and they went really well. Dom, Matt, and myself went down to Eugene, and are extremely pleased that Jake Tabor, whom you may recognize from ATQ as mackjones23, was our choice to fill that role. He will be working in tandem with Will Rubin, the infamous axeman23, and we're very excited to have both aboard. Kalon Jelen will be given official author status at to continue his advanced stats pieces, and we will now be able to showcase them on the cover. And our dear Joe Shufelt is an official editor who will write occasional pieces when it strikes his fancy.
I'm very excited about what these additions are going to bring to the site. Please make sure to welcome them in the comments today. Onto the Quack:
- Oregon takes on USC this weekend, and the Pac-12 coaches are predicting a good game. Meanwhile, Ken Goe is skeptical that the Trojans can match up with Oregon, and I like Oregon to win big.
- Moseley's piece is on the offensive line, and how they are reviewing last year's performance to ensure that USC doesn't have a repeat.
- Women's basketball won their exhibition opener last night, 118-74 over Southern Oregon.
- Women's cross country hasn't gotten a lot of press, but they are now ranked #3 in the country.
- Finally, this weekend will see the biggest volleyball game in UO history as #2 Oregon takes on #1 Stanford in Eugene.