Scott Olmos-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Quack Fix: Isaac Remington, Phil Keebler Comes to Oregon Men's Lacrosse, and Men's Basketball Tickets
Why does the Washington Huskies "scoring song" sound like they just got a trivia question wrong?
- In football recruiting news, the team will be hosting a series of recruits for the Washington Huskies game this weekend. The big name in the list will be the nation's fifth-ranked all-purpose back Dontre Wilson who committed to Oregon back in May of this year. Other visiting recruits include wide receiver John Ross (5-9, 165lbs), athlete Juwaan Williams (6-1, 180lbs), and current USC commit linebacker Torrodney Prevot (6-3, 200lbs).
- Friend of the Blog, and Tony Stark look-a-like, Adam Jude has a wonderful profile on Oregon Ducks defensive lineman Isaac Remington. Not only does he talk about how he made his way to Oregon but also his family life, the beard, and his role on the team.
- I've been a pretty big fan of lacrosse ever since I met up with our good pal JConant a few years ago at a women's contest. What you may not know is that Oregon has a men's club team and they are pretty good! Phil Keebler is their new head coach and he comes from the successful campaign at Carmel.
- The late starts for football aren't just having an effect on traveling fans, the local businesses throughout Eugene are feeling the effects as well. As noted in this article, some businesses are benefiting from the late start because of the fans staying overnight in Eugene. Others are actually seeing a dropoff because of the loss of the "Dinner" crowd a lot of restaurants would see during an afternoon game. We've talked ad nauseam about the ramifications of the late starts. After Saturday's game, there will only two more home games left for the 2012 season which may relax some of the pressure on travelers.
- Single-game tickets go on sale today for Men's Basketball with tickets as low as $10. We asked a few weeks ago whether you would be buying season tickets for this year and many of you responded that you would be going to a couple of games. Now's your chance to snag those tickets. Side note, you can follow Jesse Sowa on twitter @JesseSowaDH. Really enjoy his work, especially in high school hoops. Tell him that ATQ sent you.
- One of the big improvements to the Washington Huskies defense has been their improvement in tackling. That was always a problem under Nick Holt. Justin Wilcox has made changes to emphasize work in that area.
And finally, we wouldn't be a proper blog if we didn't provide you with a ton of ways to waste time at school or work. Today, we give you a tutorial on how to make a hexaflexagon. Enjoy and Go Ducks!