Scott Olmos-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
"Improvement week" seems to mean very little football news. Thankfully, volleyball and women's basketball pick up the slack for us today.
With the Ducks off this week, what game are fans most looking forward to? While you think it over, here's your Tuesday fix:
- In case you missed it yesterday, here's Ted Miller's weekly rewind and look ahead to this week's conference slate. Ted also has a post discussing where the Ducks might land in the first BCS poll, which will be released on Sunday.
- Bob Clark's focus this week is Arizona State's defensive tackle Will Sutton and his effect on the Sun Devil defense, whom he tabs as the conference's defensive player of the year thus far.
- The women's basketball team picked up a big verbal commitment from Chrishae Rowe who was in Eugene over the weekend for her official visit. Rowe is a top-20 shooting guard out of Riverside, CA and is ranked as one of the top prep players in California.
- Spencer Paysinger made his first career start for the New York Giants in their win against the Browns on Sunday. Here's a recap of how all former Ducks fared in the NFL this past weekend.
- Well, the volleyball team finally lost as they fell to #4 Stanford over the weekend 3-2. The team dropped only a few spots in the latest AVCA poll to #5. This week, the Ducks take on Wazzu and an undefeated and ranked #2 washington.