Kelley L Cox-US PRESSWIRE
Well looky there, the little ole Ducks are ranked #1 again. Remember what happened the last time the Ducks were ranked #1? That's right, they played their bowl game after every other team had already finished.
So the Ducks are ranked #1 and have a top 15 team coming to town with GameDay this week. Bet there is plenty of quack to look at, so let's dive right in:
- First of all, check out the videos on Duck Soup following the game this week. I'll say this, damn is it good to have Josh Huff at full force. Cal pretty much ran the same defense they did against Oregon the last time we were undefeated and playing them. This time, we had a QB that could find his targets and a WR that could do something with it and turn it into 7 points.
- We're comin' to your city... Looks like GameDay will be in town this week and the kick off was changed 5pm so that means Herbie and Musberger in the box. Go ahead and use the comments to come up with your GameDay signs. I'd go with Stanford Offense = Pi yards and a cloud of dust
- BCS rankings are out and Oregon has moved into the National Championship window with the loss by Alabama. I know Kelly took time to talk about the Alabama loss before the Cal game with the players, but the message needs to return to normal. Win The Day and let the rest take care of itself. The Ducks control their destiny and if they take care of Stanford, OSU and the Pac 12 Championship Game, they're playing for the goal they had at the beginning of the year.
- Looking at the Bowl projections, how big was that OSU and Stanford game? Even if Stanford loses this week, they still hold a decent shot of playing in the Rose Bowl. Something I'm sure Beaver fans Riley would have accounted for with his conservative play calling that cost OSU the game.
- Good lord our defense is beat up. Something I'm sure which will be discussed as we head into the 3 biggest games of the year. Here's my take. This is still the deepest and most talented defense Oregon has ever had. Having to rely on that depth was something every Duck fan knew might happen going into the season. All of that is great, but what makes it even better is that we have an offense too that can knock teams out. If we win the next 3 games 99 to 98, I don't care. The only thing that matters now is the W. I still have faith our defensive depth can provide the stop and the extra possessions our offense needs to win the game, get us to bowl season and let the players get healthy for a chance at the ultimate prize.
That's all the quack I got. Leave your GameDay sign ideas and any other links you find in the comments below.