The worst part about that loss, is now I can't make anymore jokes about David Shaw like this one: Oh that Andrew Luck was kidding he really didn't get my nose, it's still there. - Steve Dykes
I'm really tired of good teams coming into Autzen Stadium, ending streaks for the Ducks and ripping away chances at National Championships. Especially when you feel like those chances just don't come around very often and the clock is ticking on capitalizing on one. Anyway, it's Civil War Week, and I'm sure there is plenty to Quack about, so let's dive in:
- First of all, make sure to check out Mad Mike's video interviews from players and coaches after the loss. I know there has been some second guessing of Kelly following the game, but I guarantee you that no one is going to be as tough on him as he will be on himself. Personally, I kind of feel bad for the Beavers right now.
- Decent article on Mariota. Kid definitely looked like a freshman at times. My question, what is going on with DAT? Uncharacteristic issues in the punting game. I don't know what the hell that was on the kick return to start the second half. Hasn't really gotten going as a receiver or a running back lately, and for the love of god, next time turn around and block someone.
- Oregon fell to 5th in the BCS. Basically, here are the possible outcomes to the end of the year. First, Oregon gets nothing if they don't win Saturday, maybe a trip to the Holiday Bowl, but most likely no BCS game. If Stanford beats Ucla, they'll rematch for the Pac 12 title. If Stanford loses, Oregon hosts the Bruins. To get to the MNCG, Florida probably needs to lose to FSU, and USC has to beat Notre Dame. In summary, 100% of bowl game, pretty good chance at a BCS game, slim chance of Pac 12 title and even slimmer chance of MNCG.
- Here's this week's Bowl projections from ESPN.
- Civil War Week! Here are something to think about. OSU is on the edge of that top 14 ranking, beating Oregon probably puts them in a BCS game over the Ducks. This Civil War may not be for the Roses, but it could be for the Tostitos (or Insurance or Credit Cards).
- Civil War to kick off at noon on Saturday. Other interesting times of games: Florida at FSU 12:30; Stanford at Ucla 3:30; Notre Dame at USC at 5:00.
I'm sure there will be plenty more Quack that comes out throughout the day. Feel free to leave links in the comments.