With Oregon State looming on Saturday, the Ducks have no time to dwell on the Stanford loss. Even ignoring what else happens this weekend, the team still has a shot at another one-loss regular season and another BCS bowl bid.
Well, Saturday night sucked. Time to head up to Corvallis and take out some aggression on the Beavers.
- The men's basketball team picked up a 67-45 win over Jacksonville State last night to move to 4-0 on the season. Tony Woods led all scorers with 17 points to go a long with five blocks. Despite the game never really being in doubt, the Ducks did not have a very crisp performance as they finished the game with 18 turnovers. On Friday, the Ducks take on #18 UNLV.
- The football team practiced on Monday and coaches reported that the team was focused on Oregon State. Mark Helfrich described the team as in "fix mode." Moseley also notes that Kenjon Barner, De'Anthony Thomas (Maxwell Award) and Marcus Mariota (Davey O'Brien) were named finalists for the awards.
- Barner, however, is one of the three finalists for the Doak Walker Award for the nation's top running back. Barner will be up against Johnathan Franklin and Montee Ball.
- Rice is alleging that both Oregon and USC used claims of discrimination in their NCAA waivers to allow Arsalan Kazemi and Omar Oraby to play this season. Oregon denied the claim in a simple statement and has indicated they will not comment further.
- If you're still holding out hope that the Ducks can back their way back into the national championship game, Ted Miller runs through some of the possible scenarios on how the Pac-12 race might end.
- Redshirt freshman Devon Blackmon has decided to transfer in order to seek playing time elsewhere. Blackmon, a former four-star recruit, is the second of the heralded trio from 2010 class to leave after Tacoi Sumler transferred before the season.
- The #6 volleyball team kicks off its home finale with #7 UCLA tonight at 8 pm (Pac-12 Network). And, after a 1-1 trip up north last weekend, Alaina Bergsma was named the conference's offensive player of the week for the third time this season.