You daily helping of Oregon Ducks news.
All the Quack that's fit to print:
- First, some serious news. Two University of Oregon track and field athletes, distance runners Molly Grabill and Chris Brewer, were injured when a thrown rock the size of a baseball came crashing through their windshield as the drove Interstate 5 through Rice Hill. Grabill is in good condition with facial injuries, and Brewer was treated and released.
- Not only is the women's basketball team bad, they're bad and really, really injured. Senior guard Laura Stanulis was lost for the year with a knee injury, the second Duck to be lost for the year. With three Ducks still recovering from offseason injuries, and Liz Brenner still with the volleyball team, Oregon will have seven players for the foreseeable future. At 0-5 and with few healthy bodies, it's already a season to forget.
- Some good news? Alaina Bergsma became the first Duck to win Pac-12 Volleyball Player of the Year honors. Lauren Plum won Setter of the Year, while Liz Brenner joined them on the all-conference team.
- Expandageddon continues as Louisville joins the ACC. I'm sure this all ends with Portland State in the Big East.
- Ted Miller considers the worst teams in Pac-12 history. Our favorite team in washington history gets the nod.