- Both Emory and Loyd were quick to bring attention to the team's size underneath in Tony Woods and Waverly Austin. Emory said of Austin that he "was trying to send a message" with his block-fest against SWOSU.
- When asked about the team's yearly rebuilding and high rate of turnover, Loyd said that it was certainly different, especially when it comes to establishing relationships and roles on the team.
- Altman said of freshman point guard Dominic Artis that he's done some really nice things on the court, but that there's still much more that he can do. I feel like I've heard this from a different sport's head coach about a star freshman before.
- There is no update on the status of transfer Arsalan Kazemi as of this morning. It's hard to understate the impact that he'd have on the team should he be ruled eligible; Matt Prehm pointed out yesterday that he would be the leading returning rebounder in the Pac-12. UPDATE:
According to a source both Arsalan Kazemi (Oregon) andOmar Oraby (USC) both received waivers to play immediately— Cavan Walsh (@cavwalsh) November 8, 2012
- Altman said that at this point, the plan is for all five freshman to contribute (read: not redshirt) this season. Frankly, I don't see how that works, especially if Kazemi does get to play.