Scott Olmos-USA TODAY Sports
Your daily fix for Oregon Ducks news.
Happy Wednesday! Here is your Quack:
- The Register-Guard's Bob Clark takes a look back at the 2001 Fiesta Bowl team, and their dominating performance over the Colorado Buffaloes.
- Aaron Fentress compares Marcus Mariota with Kansas State's Collin Klein.
- Joe Lunardi's first Bracketology update of the season is out, and Oregon is a #10 seed who would take on VCU in Lunardi's bracket. This means nothing in December, but it's still nice to be in the conversation.
- The Oregon women hit the road to face Illinois today. The Ducks added a pair of walk-ons to help with numbers given the injury issues.
- Women's lacrosse has signed seven incoming players for the 2014 season.
- Finally, Governor Kitzhaber's new budget cuts all lottery money for intercollegiate sports. That's not such a big deal for Oregon and Oregon State, but is program-changing for the smaller universities in the state system.
Please accept my apologies that there will be no podcast this week. I had a migraine yesterday and was unable to record. Matt and I will be back next week.