Scott Olmos-USA TODAY Sports
Your morning helping of Oregon Ducks news.
Yesterday was not a great day to be a Duck fan. Hopefully today is better. Onto the Quack:
- The men's basketball team suffered an awful loss in 3OT at the hands of UTEP last night. Oregon had a ridiculous number of chances to win, but a 14/27 performance from the free throw line did them in. This loss will serve as a giant blemish smack dab in the middle of Oregon's resume.
- Willamette Week's cover article is about Chip Kelly and his relationship with boosters and the media. While I sympathize with booster losing access they've had under past coaches, I want my coach working on football during the week, not using valuable time stoking egos in Portland. Former Oregon TE George Wrighster offers a response.
- FishDuck compares Marcus Mariota to past Oregon freshman QBs.
- JUCO linebacker Joe Walker officially submitted his LOI, and will enroll at Oregon in January.
- The Big East is talking to Fresno St. and UNLV. This "conference" needs to just die already.