- The best part of this time of year is the coaching carousel. Yesterday, Cal hired Sonny Dykes, coach of Lousia Tech, who was the only team that scored more points than Oregon this season. Around the country, Gus Malzahn was hired by Auburn, and I'm still shocked by Bielema's move from Wisconsin to Arkansas.
- Today's volleyball piece is on Liz Brenner, one of the top hitters in the nation. The Ducks have never moved past the round of 16, so they'll need everyone to play at the top of their game when they play No. 12 Brigham Young tomorrow afternoon.
- A couple updates from basketball practice. While we can worry about E.J. Singler's shooting, he says that his knee is still not 100%, hurting his stamina. I'll look for his shooting to improve with his health. Also, two-sport athlete Arik Armstead participated in practice, though he only watched for most of it.
- Bob Clark takes a look at the basketball team's computer rankings. Despite the 7-1 start, the Ducks have only the 322nd most difficult schedule in the country, which will not help them come tournament selection time. While the Ducks had two touch games against UNLV and Cinci, Dana Altman took a page from Bill Snyder, scheduling a number of "developmental" games. Hopefully this won't come to bite them later in the year.
- While many thought Oregon football had a very weak non-conference schedule, think again. Arkansas State and Fresno State both had very good seasons after early losses to Oregon.
Leave your other quack below. GO DUCKS!