LMJ has his first real chance to wow the NFL scouts at the NFL combine this weekend.
Quack. Quack. Quack. Good morning Rose Bowl Champs!
- The Oregon basketball team has a huge game on Sunday, as they head up to Corvallis to take on the Beavers. There is a lot on the line: a possible NCAA tournament berth, a top three finish in the Pac-12, and revenge for an early season loss. It's a game that the Ducks know that they need to win. No pressure, guys.
- What always comes up when the Ducks play the Beavs? That 1-3-1 zone. The Oregonian's Joel Odom has a video on how the Ducks will try to solve it.
- LaMichael James is in Indianapolis for the combine, and Rob Moseley has a piece explaining what is involved with the process. It's not just drills, but also physical tests, and interviews with a number of teams. It will be a stressful few days for all the Ducks involved.
- After 3 years of scratching out runs, Oregon baseball suddenly has some power. The Ducks hit three homers yesterday as they took down Belmont 13-4 in Nashville. By comparison, the Ducks hit 19 home runs in 60 games last season. This was also the first time since 1974 Oregon has scored 10 runs in three straight games. But it's not going to stay this easy. Starting today, the Ducks take on #17 Vanderbilt in a three-game series.
- Josh White from FishDuck has a rundown of the seniors on the 2012 football team. What really stands out is the stars on defense that will be in their final year. Dion Jordan, Michael Clay, and John Boyett will lead a defense that will be very fun to watch.
- I forgot to mention this a couple days ago, but Rob Moseley had a great story on DeWitt Stuckey, and how he is establishing a scholarship in memory of his close friend, Andrew Cox, who passed away in a motorcycle accident. Stuckey's scholarship will help those high school players from Stuckey's hometown (Stockton) that want to play football in college but don't have the means. To raise money, he's auctioning off game-used jerseys, including those from the Rose Bowl.