So, is it time to start the countdown clock for the spring game? Here's your Tuesday fix:
- Former Oregon steeplchaser Geoff Hollister passed away on Monday at the age of 66. Hollister graduated from South Eugene before running for Bill Bowerman at Oregon and becoming Nike's third official employee. RIP.
- Ted Miller has been doing a series of "Top Performer" posts and yesterday featured LaMichael James' performance against the Bears. While Oregon fans may remember this game as the one in which James dislocated his elbow, James had a dominating performance with 239 yards on 30 carries through the first three-plus quarters.
- Miller also had a few other posts from yesterday. First, he offered his thoughts on the Larry Scott extension. Ted also has a post-signing day ranking of the conference, which appears to take into account player departures since January 10th and the latest recruiting class.
- In his weekly look around the conference, Bob Clark examines Arizona's resurgence. After sweeping the Bay Area schools, the Wildcats are tied with Oregon for fourth and only two games back of the conference lead. Oregon also slips to 6th in the weekly rankings.
- There's also a couple of new posts over at fishduck.com. In the latest fishduck minute, Charles has a video opener to this offseason's focus on defense. Jerod Young wonders about the magical abilities of Dana Altman.