I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Happy I hate Washington Day (NIT edition)!
- After giving up 97 points to Iowa on Sunday, the Ducks are focusing on defense for tonight's third-round NIT matchup with the huskies. On the line, of course, is a trip to New York and a semifinal game at Madison Square Garden.
- After dropping two of three against washington over the weekend, the Oregon baseball team fell to #24 in the latest poll from Baseball America. This week, the Ducks host Utah.
- Aaron Fentress writes that the NCAA is happy with Portland's performance as a host city for the first two round of the tournament. A partnership between Oregon Sports Authority, the Rose Garden and the University of Oregon worked to bring the tournament this year and are already planning another bid to host again in a few years.
- Over at fishduck.com, the latest video examines some of Oregon's stretch running plays where the center pulls to make a block on the outside. Jim Maloney also has a nice article on Oregon athletes who have had success in both football and track.
- Ted Miller has a video interview with linebacker Michael Clay where they talk about next year's defense. Oregon is also one of six conference schools that returns both a kicker and punter next year.
- Ken Goe has some notes from the Oregon Preview track & field meet that was held this past weekend.