Well, the basketball season is over. Though a loss to Washington is always is unfortunate, we had a great basketball season. After the game, Dave, Matt Daddy, and I discussed it on Tuesday Night talks, which you can download here.
- Bob Clark has a recap of the game, with some quotes from the players and coach Altman. Unfortunately, Joseph and Sim could not get into a rhythm with UW's defensive pressure, and the Ducks did not execute defensively.
- George Schroeder writes about how this loss really does hurt. And whoever writes his headlines loves awful puns.
- Oregon softball continues to be ranked in the top 15 in the country. This week, they were ranked No. 15 and No. 17 in the ESPN.com-USA Softball and NFCA-USA Today national polls.
- In football news, Oregon and Michigan State have agreed to play a home-and-home in 2014 and 2015. This will be a great preview of the future Pac-12/Big 10 collaboration which starts in 2017. For more fun, take a look back at when MSU last visited Autzen in 1998 over in the FishDuck video archives.
- Rob Moseley has his spring preview of the running backs. For spring ball, it's going to be pretty thin. But we'll get to see more of Ayele Forde, and see if he can be a competent backup. Byron Marshall will have to step up as soon as he gets on campus this summer. Moseley also notes that wide receiver development will have a big impact on how we feel about the running backs. If we have some WRs step up, it will take a lot of pressure off the backfield.
- Lastly, Athlon Sports has been ranking coaches, and gets to the Pac-12. Chip Kelly is the obvious #1, winning the last 3 conference titles and winning a Rose Bowl. One thing that sticks out in the rankings is how improved the conference this season with the addition of Mike Leach and Rich Rodriguez. (h/t: Ted Miller)
If you've got anything else, leave it below. GO DUCKS!