The Rose Bowl has long been impeding changes in the college football postseason, but that seems to be finally changing.
Spring practice culminates on Saturday with the Spring Game. It starts bright and early at 11am, and if you're heading to the scrimmage, make sure to bring something for the food drive.
- After years of speculation, we're inching closer to a 4-team playoff for college football. Mike Pettigano from Black Shoe Diaries has a good run-down of the latest. Chris Dufrense of the LA Times also has a piece, and says that the real work started happening after the Pac-12 and B1G agreed to release their champions into a playoff, rather than the Rose Bowl. For it's part, Rose Bowl executive Kevin Ash stated “Change is inevitable. We want to be part of the system, we want to be relevant in the postseason and we want to be with our partners.” Since change is happening, it'll be really fun to see how the NCAA and BCS can screw this up. Help us Larry Scott, you're our only hope.
- Solid Verbal has their latest podcast up at just the right time, and talk about the latest with the changing BCS.
- We're all pretty excited about the Oregon defense, whose only question is at rover. Moseley takes a look at the battle to replace Eddie Pleasant. Avery Patterson, Brian Jackson, and Erick Dargan all bring something different to the table. Aliotti's not letting anything slip, so this battle is sure to continue through the fall, and maybe into the season, with a platoon we've come to expect on the defense.
- Though the spring game may only be a glorified scrimmage, the players are getting excited about it. It'll be the last chance they have to really hit each other before a long summer of conditioning.
- Former Duck A.J. Acosta is still looking for sponsorship for his track career. And he's not shaving until he gets it.
- The undefeated Oregon acrobatics and tumbling team is going for a second straight national championship. Oregon is the only undefeated team in the country, but is the second seed in the 6-team meet after Maryland managed a few higher scores in earlier meets.
Leave anything else in the comments. GO DUCKS!