Spring practice means more football updates. Enjoy your fix:
- With spring practices getting started today, Aaron Fentress has five questions the Ducks will try to answer. The biggest one deals with finding playmakers at the wide receiver position. Fentress also asks if Bryan Bennett will begin to emerge as the favorite, but I am not really expecting an answer to this question until the fall, particularly with practices closed.
- Ted Miller previews the QB competition between Bennett and Marcus Mariota, including some quotes from Bennett's roommate Hroniss Grasu. Miller also posted some more Oregon notes later in the day.
- Noah recently answered some questions on recruiting for Bud Elliott. You can check out his responses here.
- Recruiting update: here's Anthony Bennett talking about the Ducks, noting that Dominic Artis has been trying to help lure him to Eugene. Bennett is a five-star forward at 6'8" and 239 pounds who is also considering Kentucky, Florida, Washington and UNLV. Needless to say, he'd be a huge pickup for the program. Assuming he lasts more than a game or two.
- The Ducks moved up to #22 in the latest Baseball America poll after the weekend sweep of Arizona State. As is usually the case in conference play, the Ducks have another big series this weekend as the head down to LA to take on UCLA. The Bruins are currently tied atop the conference standings with Arizona.
- The Tra Carson transfer is now official. It looks like Carson may have been leaving open the possibility of remaining at Oregon as he finished up the winter quarter; however, he will not return for the spring.
- Football players and coaches will participate in the second annual Oregon Football Bowling Tournament. Proceeds will benefit the Officer Kilcullen Scholarship Fund. For details, see the official release.