With football back on TV and the draft finishing this weekend, there is lots of quack out there. Let's dive right in:
- First off, the Diamond Ducks got back on their winning ways. Couple of guys getting healthy really helped out this weekend as Oregon swept Cal and is now in first place in the conference heading to Arizona this weekend.
- Ted Miller has a run down on the Pac 12 players selected in the draft. First of all, congrats to LaMicahel James, Josh Kaddu, Mark Asper and David Paulson for seeing all their hard work pay off. It appears that some guys that went undrafted has been given shots on a couple of teams. It should be interesting to see if some of the higher profile players like Harris or Burfict are able to stick on a squad.
- Lots of Spring Game reaction, especially regarding the play of the quarterbacks. I'd love to hear what people think given this is probably the only access we'll get until the starter is announced and games start in September.
- Schroeder looked at the play of freshman Arik Armstead. Hey, when Haloti Ngata is surprised by your size, you know you're a big kid. I'm really excited for Armstead and the fact that he'll have all summer to work with Coach Rad and refine some of his skills, means we should see some really nice stuff from him this year.
- Fentress looked at the play of the wide receivers, especially Daryle Hawkins and Blake Stanton. I'm still not impressed with our wide-receivers-by-committee approach, but Hawkins looked really improved, and Stanton reminds me a lot of DJ Davis from a couple of years ago. Still waiting for some of the young guys to step up.
- Women's Lacrosse team won their first MPSF Tournament Title, and Men's Golf had their best ever finish in the Pac 12, unfortunately it could have been better. With a sizable lead heading into the last couple of holes, Cal was able to tie it up and force extras, only to have Cal pull it out 2 holes later. Next up are the regionals.
Make sure to check out a lot of videos after the jump.