Our whole universe was in a hot dense state, Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...The Earth began to cool, The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools, We built a wall (we built the pyramids), Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries, That all started with the big bang!
- Baseball is coming down to the last few weeks of the season and while George Horton may be preaching the whole "one game at a time" mantra, that doesn't mean that we, as fans, can't take a itty bitty peek at the scoreboard over the weekend. While Oregon hosts Seattle at PK Park, many eyes will be on Arizona as a Wildcat sweep over the USC Trojans would create a tie at the top between Oregon and Arizona. Exciting times for a program competing at the highest levels. Even though this series is big, let's remind ourselves that this is baseball and that there are a lot of games left. Six teams still have a shot at winning the Pac-12 crown.
- Moseley gives us some updates on women's basketball star Jasmin Holliday who spent some time overseas in China with Team USA.. Also, current assistant coach Keila Whittington is a candidate for the head coaching gig at Marshall. For more women's basketball updates, go check out the article.
- Although we will all miss (HIS NAME IS) David Paulson, Ted Miller points at that Tight End-U is alive and well with spring breakout star Colt Lyerla. Being called a "special athlete with a year of seasoning", we'd better start coming up with the memes.
- Heisman talk is always an important topic during this time of year and there appears to be 3 primary candidates coming into the season in Matt Barkley, De'Anthony Thomas and Keith Price. I know it's easy to pick on Washington but it's time to face it. Nick Holt is gone and they have seriously upgraded that position in the off-season. With a better defensive coaching job and another year under his belt, you have to look at Price as a potential darkhorse candidate coming out of the Pac-12, especially if UW starts off hot. My pick for the Heisman Trophy? Whomever has a great, final 2 weeks of the season because Luck was the odds on favorite going into last season and we all know how that turned out.
- Long before we were declaring people Sanchez, the Ducks had a Sanchez of their own. Davis Sanchez played one year for the Ducks back in the 90's and went on to a very successful, 11-year career in the CFL.
- Men's Golf opened with a respectable 5th-place finish in the opening round of the NCAA Central Regional. The second round opens at 8:20am EST today. I like golf but not enough to get up for a 5:20am tee time. Screw that.
- Fish Duck has a nice interview up with former Oregon footballer Reggie Ogburn.