Sports are a wonderful distraction. But we should never forget that there are men and women that put their lives on the line for our ability to enjoy the sports and the freedoms that we do. It can never be said enough, but thank you to every one that has served, and especially those that have paid the ultimate price.
Onto the quack:
- What a pitiful weekend in Corvallis topped off by shutout loss on Sunday. That looked like the Duck team from last year. Unable to get runs across, giving up late hits and leads and a failure on every level. Not only did the Ducks get swept by the bavers, but they lost the Pac 12 title to Arizona. Ugh, onto the playoffs.
- Some good news for baseball, I guess, is that they won't be playing their regional at Goss in Corvallis.
- Awesome job by the softball team to win twice in dramatic fashion on the road in Texas to advance to their first WCWS. Jessica Moore was stellar on the mound as Oregon fought through some terrible umpiring in the first game to win in extra innings and then jumped out early on the Longhorns in the second game to put them away.
- The NCAA Championships are next week and Oregon is well prepared. All in all Oregon will be sending 31 entries to the meet in Des Moines, Iowa on June 6-9.
- Lastly, in case you missed it, Oregon got a commitment from a top national recruit Friday. Kelly and the Ducks continue to do what they do in recruiting. Target the guys they want that they think will fit their system.
That's all the quack I got. Drop any other links in the comments and enjoy the holiday.