Man, how about that baseball team? Sure wish I could watch. Enjoy your Tuesday fix:
- News came out yesterday that top-10 prep basketball player Anthony Bennett has narrowed his college choice to UNLV and Oregon. Bennett is expected to announce his decision some time this weekend.
- Keeerrrttt has a piece on Oregon's 1991 season over at fish duck. A nice read if you can put up with re-living the frustration.
- Ted Miller has a couple of Duck-related items. First, in he has a mailbag item in which he offers support for his argument that Oregon will earn a BCS bowl bid next season. Next, he features Taylor Hart as the Duck's under the radar player.
- Oregon and Oregon State are set for another non-conference baseball matchup tonight at PK Park. Only this time, it will be the first time in series history that both teams are ranked in Baseball America's top 25. On Monday, the Ducks moved up one spot to #9 while the Beavers re-entered the rankings at #23.
- It's getting to be pretty common on Tuesdays for me to write about an Oregon baseball player being named the conference player of the week. For the second consecutive week, Aaron Payne has earned the honor, after helping the Ducks to a two-game sweep of Gonzaga and a series win over Arizona.
- For the second time in his career, senior Eugene Wong was named the conference golfer of the year. In other golf news, Casey Martin advanced out of the U.S. Open local qualifier and will compete in a sectional qualifier in early June. Also qualifying was one of Martin's Duck golfers, freshman Rak Cho.
- And, in case you're interested, Graham Watson over at Dr. Saturday has a short story on Oregon's Rose Bowl rings.