For my birthday I wished for a Super Regional win and a do-or-die chance for the Ducks to play for the College World Series... wait, I'm not supposed to tell anyone my birthday wish or it won't come true, right? Onto the Quack:
- What an amazing weekend at PK Park. On Saturday the Ducks came up a run short of pulling off a come from behind win against the Golden Flashes in front of a record crowd. Oregon pretty much did everything they could to lose that game with errors in the field and mistakes at the plate that left 12 men left on base. At last it took an amazing catch from KSU center fielder, Evan Campbell to put the Ducks in an 0-1 hole.
- Saturday looked like it started out the same way. Oregon got picked off twice on the bases, and KSU's pitcher, Bores, was dealing on the mound through 6 innings. Jake Reed was masterful as well in the 4th as he kept a no-out men on the corners inning to one run. In the 7th things turned and the Ducks were able to plate 3 and take the lead. That was all the bullpen needed. Tommy Thorpe and Jimmie Sherfy came in and shut guys down with fastballs on the corners and nasty sliders that had them guessing.
- The Ducks will play today for a chance to go to Omaha. Tentatively the game is schedule for 4pm PST. With ESPN showing the game and with how close both games have been played, don't be surprised if they push the start time back to get a little more prime time viewing.
- The Ducks will be well represented this week as Casey Martin heads to the Olympic Club to play in the US Open. Adam Jude of the Register Guard will be following Casey's every move on the course, so make sure to follow him on twitter and catch up on his stories at the RG.
- Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. The women's track team took second at the NCAA Championships for the fourth year in a row. The favored Ducks and coach Lananna decided to take a more conservative route with the athletes and put the women in events they should be in and not be reckless. In the end, LSU had a great meet and took the title.
That's all the quack I can find, but I didn't dig very hard. Go ahead and dig on down and see what you can come up with and leave it in the comments.