Well, it is officially summer. And that means, the quack is dwindling. But hey, we're just a month and a half to August. Here's what we could find.
- The big story of the last few days has been Oregon golf coach Casey Martin and his return to the US Open. In practice round yesterday, he played with Tiger woods in preparation for today's first round. He's got the support of the full football staff, as most of the football coaches were with Martin during the practice round.
- The baseball season is ending, and as always, it's time to look back and look forward. In 2012, the Ducks were great despite being ravaged by injuries, both before and during the season. But young players, like second team All-American Jimmie Sherfy, helped power the team a great season. What I'll remember about the team was that they just never died. They were always in games late, and just about always came back. You just expected them to grab the win late.
- Kurt at FishDuck continues his great one-on-one series, and is joined by former Oregon receiver Joe Reitzug. I never got to see Joe play live, but I remember growing up on the 1989 and 1990 highlight videos, and him being my first "favorite" Duck when I was 6. Also at FishDuck, Jim takes a look at the great football/baseball dual-athletes in school history.
- Ted Miller says that the Pac-12 may be getting defensive this year, with a number of teams that could field top 25 defenses. Only coincidentally, he says that Oregon's strongest group is its linebackers, in which he includes Dion Jordan.
- Lastly, you gotta check out the latest Solid Verbal podcast, when the guys are joined by Washington State coach Mike Leach.
Don't horde any quack that you have. That's just not very nice. Leave it in the comments. GO DUCKS!