"What is happiness? It's a moment before you want more happiness." - Don Draper
Onto the quack:
- Next! Bring on the next team to be handed its hat and sent back home. The Sycs, Peays and Titans were no match for the mighty Ducks this weekend. Oregon scrapped to a 6-5 victory over Austin Peay on Friday, held on late Saturday for an emotional win over Horton's former team Cal State Fullerton, and then blew out Austin Peay in the rematch on Sunday 8-1.
- There were plenty of awards for the Diamond Ducks on this weekend of feasting. Six Ducks made the all-Regional team: C Brett Hambright, P Jake Reed, 1B Ryon Healy, OF Aaron Jones, OF Brett Thomas, and 3B Ryan Hambright. Also, Ryan Hambright was named the Regional MVP.
- The Prefontaine Classic also brought the spotlight on Eugene this weekend. I hope everyone was able to catch some of the thrilling events shown in front of more than 12,000 spectators on NBC. Galen Rupp competed tough in the 5,000 and looks towards London in the 5k and 10k. Plenty of more Pre Classic links from Goe here.
- Not everything was "Rosy" in Eugene this weekend. The women's softball team's run finally came to an end at the hand of fellow conference mate Cal. Cal jumped out early on the Ducks with 3 in the first and the offense struggled to catch up in a 6-3 loss. Losing is never easy, but the guts and fight the girls showed in the last couple of weeks make me proud to be a Duck and excited to see what else they are able to do in the next couple of year.
- Want to talk about disappointment? I bet no one feels worse than Andrew Vijarro right now. Vijarro took a one stroke lead into the 16th hole of match play in the semi's of the NCAA Championships only to watch his opponent birdie the next 3 holes and rip individual and team victory away from the Ducks. It's the second year in a row the Ducks have made the NCAA Semi's, but Casey Martin has this team pointed in the right direction.
That's all the quack I got for now. I'm excited for summer to come and bring on another grilling season. I finally got a Treager and unfortunately enjoy wasting 6 plus hours cooking ribs and brisket and any other meat I can think of. Leave your grilling recipes and other quack links you find in the comments below.