Be sure to check out the new book Good Job, Good Effort: A History of Oregon State Football, available at a bookstore near you. Now, onto the Quack:
- Our guest on Tuesday Night Talks last night was Nick Kranz (NorCalNick) of the California Golden Blogs. Nick caught us up on all the offseason happenings of the Golden Bears, so download that podcast on iTunes or Talkshoe.
- The NCAA Track and Field Championships take place this weekend and, for the Oregon women, second is not an option. Meanwhile, the men, while not favorites, have enough firepower to take home a high finish.
- Oregon plays Kent State for the right to go to the College World Series this weekend, and the Golden Flashes are not to be taken lightly.
- Through 15 rounds of the MLB draft, no Oregon players have yet been taken. However, three of their recruits have. Now, we must wait until August to see if they sign with the team that drafted them or choose to come to Oregon.
- Jeremiah Masoli is in Edmonton Eskimos camp trying to earn a job.
- Finally, minor league baseball will be returning to the Portland Metro Area as the Yakima Bears of the short A Northwest League will move to a new stadium being built in Hillsboro.
As always, if you find more quack, make sure to share. You don't want to be the person that does Quack alone.