Another day, another quack fix. Don't forget to get those single game tickets tonight.
- Kenny Wheaton is leading the voting for CBs for SBNation's College Football Hall Of Fame. I think some Oregon fans got a lot of practice during the Capital One Mascot challenge, and are following the adage, "vote early and vote often."
- A lot of recruiting discussions have been happening recently. First, The Opening happened, which prompted discussion of Oregon's recruiting tactics. As TonyD passed along today, it isn't your typical pitch. As Oregon coaches told 4-star DE Wyatt Teller, "We're either going to win with you or we're going to win without you." On some recruits (the type Oregon coaches want), I think that will be quite successful. Unfortunately, it's not paying dividends for the top targets thus far. Eddie Vanderdoes, though to be Oregon's top target, committed to USC last night. Also, the top CB in the 2013 class, Vernon Hargreaves, named USC his favorite. I like the strategy, but it's a huge gamble. The Ducks are still headed toward their standard very good class, but they aren't headed to the top 5 territory a lot of fans are hoping for.
- For more from Oregon commits, here are some Opening round-ups for OL Alex Redmond, WR Darren Carrington, and RB Dontre Wilson.
- I greatly enjoyed the headline for this WSJ article on the Ducks. "Oregon Football: Rigid, Stubborn, Stuck in the Past." Our old friend Rachel Bachman writes about how Oregon's coaching staff is unchanged since 2009.
- Who wants to talk schedule again? Rob Moseley starts a discussion on the 2014 non-conference schedule. As he notes, this will be the first year for the new college football playoff. With Wyoming and a likely strong Michigan State team already on the schedule, the Ducks could grab a middle of the road opponent and be in great shape for the postseason.
- Ted Miller's latest Hope and Concern video covers the Ducks. Our hope: the defense. I cannot wait to see these guys on the field. They could be one of the best in school history. Concern? The obvious choice is QB. Can Chip Kelly's streak of success continue? I'm not betting against it. Miller also notes the Ducks are in "good shape" at kicker. After what we've heard out of camp about Maldanado, I'd agree.
I have hope because the football season is just around the corner. Leave any other links in the comments. GO DUCKS!