After talking to Tako a few weeks ago, he suggested 'The Newsroom" on HBO as a series, and I started watching it, and it's great. Breaking Bad and Louie (two of my other favorites) have recently started a new series. What TV shows have you been watching this off season to get you through the dead period? Also, let's get to the quack:
- Looks like the University is going to make a major change to their drug policy. Talk about being overly sensitive and completely reactionary. I don't want to get into the whole "is smoking pot a bad thing" here, but if this is a response to the ESPN article, this is like trying to kill an ant problem by setting your house on fire.
- Looks like the summer workouts are turning into more than just "workouts." That's a good thing. It's awesome that guys are taking every opportunity, even those that are weeks away from the first real practice, to try and set themselves up for a good season. Don't you miss the days when the off season was spent arguing whether frat guys were telling the truth or if speeding tickets were reasons for dismissing football players?
- Why would Aaron Jones do that? I'm all for a guy following his heart and letting the world be damned, but this decision doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's not like he's been making money playing baseball, and realized it wasn't for him. This is a guy who has effectively been paying to play a game he loved (probably for many years) throwing away an opportunity to finally get rewarded for doing so. For an opportunity that will most likely be there when he wants it at any time. Don't get me wrong, I wish the guy the best and would humbly thank him for his service if I met him, but I don't get why he makes this decision now.
- Just remember, it took a late field goal for the butt sniffers up north to beat them last year.
- Lastly, I'd like to thank the Oregonian for taking Dom's idea of remembering Todd Doxey with the Friday Quack Fix and turning into their own story without giving any credit to ATQ in the stories or twitter selections. You're welcome Oregon Live, we have no problem doing your creative thinking and inspiration for you.
That's all the quack I got, feel free to leave others in the comments.