Media day has officially passed, which puts the start of football season firmly on the radar. The Ducks will be going for their fourth straight conference title. For those of you who were around during the suffering, take a moment to think about the improbability of that. Its a pretty great time to be a Duck. Onto the quack:
- Matt and I recorded another episode of Tuesday Night Talks last night, where we were joined by Anthony Cassino of the UW Dawg Pound. Washington figures to be an improved team this season, though the brutal schedule may not allow that to shine through in the W/L record.
- It was Pac-12 media day yesterday, and USC was the overwhelming favorite in the media poll to win the conference. Other than some Pac-12 Network notes from Larry Scott and Gary Stevenson, the main event was pretty bland. The gems of the day were some excellent radio interviews that were done. 1080 the fan and KJR in Seattle both have up a ton.
- Vin Lananna is a track and field hall-of-famer.
- New Tampa coach Greg Schiano talks LeGarrette Blount.
- Finally, if you haven't yet seen the ostrich racing, its real. And its awesome.
That's all I've got today. If you find more, share. GO DUCKS!