This is the last Friday of the offseason. We are six days away from college football, and eight days away from our defending Rose Bowl champions taking the field. Good things are coming, my friends. Onto the quack:
- The big story today is that we will know by the end of the day who the starting quarterback for the Arkansas State game will be. Whether you find yourself supporting Bryan Bennett or Marcus Mariota, the coaches have proven plenty adept that they will pick the right guy.
- While it will be good news today for one current Oregon quarterback, its a disappointing one for a former Oregon great. Dennis Dixon didn't get a single NFL offer, and looks to be headed to the UFL.
- The Bend Bulletin profiles Kenjon Barner. Its interesting that as Barner gets the chance to step out of LaMichael James' shadow, he's being somewhat overshadowed nationally by DeAnthony Thomas. But with a chance to be the lead guy, Barner should be one of the most productive running backs in the nation.
- Our friends to the north have a new starting running back as Storm Woods won the job at OSU. I'm not expecting a lot out of the Beavers this season, but I hope I'm wrong. I've always rooted for them 11 games out of the year.
- Finally, I know its Friday, and you are expecting a YouTube video. I'm nowhere near as creative as Dom about these things, but I think this will suffice.
Have a productive weekend. If you're anything like I am, it will be awhile before you have another one.