Football season kicks off tomorrow with six televised Thursday night contests, the headliners being South Carolina at Vanderbilt and Washington State at BYU. Its been a long time, so enjoy the long weekend of games and, remember, this is the best college football tv guide on the internet. Use it. Now, onto the quack:
- We didn't exactly advertise it, but Matt and I did record a Tuesday Night Talks last night. We broke down the Oregon football team, unit by unit, and talked about what we expect this season. We're both expecting pretty great things. We also went a little off-topic, and I told about my experience attending Felix Hernandez' perfect game a couple of weeks ago. As always, you can find that episode on Talkshoe or iTunes. And while you're there, please rate and review us.
- The big story yesterday was talk that Bryan Bennett would transfer after losing the starting quarterback battle. After a meeting with Chip Kelly, it looks like Bennett is staying in Eugene, which helps Oregon's depth tremendously at the position. Many Duck fans were giving Bennett a hard time yesterday, which was completely unwarranted. He could start at most schools in the country, and owed it to himself to consider that option.
- Rob Moseley also writes on the difficulty of preparing for Arkansas State, which I assume is an issue with any opener against a team with a new coach.
- Ted Miller has his preseason All Pac-12 team out, and Oregon is well represented. Duck first teamers include first team "fancypants" DeAnthony Thomas.
- Speaking of the Black Mamba, he makes SI's preseason Heisman Watch.
- Finally, a few things to get you ready for the season. You could check out the new edition of Shutdown Fullback, and Ty and Dan at Solid Verbal will have their first picks show of the season up tonight as well.
That is all the quack I could stir up this early. When you find more, share. In the meantime, enjoy the last college football-less day of the year.