Man, a pretty tough 24-hour period on the Oregon injury front. Here's wishing Carson York and John Boyett both a full and speedy recovery.
- Official word came yesterday that guard Carson York will be out for the rest of the year with a broken kneecap. With surgery scheduled for today, York's Oregon career is almost certainly over as a waiver for a sixth year of eligibility are rarely granted by the NCAA. Combined with John Boyett's season-ending knee surgery, two of Oregon's most experienced seniors are done for the year.
- Aaron Fentress also has a story on the Boyett and York injuries, including some reactions from their teammates.
- As Dave mentioned yesterday, the UO and baseball coach George Horton are currently working towards a new deal. Horton's original five-year contract ended yesterday.
- Ted Miller offers his thoughts on the flurry of Duck injuries. Miller also takes a quick look ahead at the week 3 schedule.
- Oregon's conference opener against Arizona on September 22 has been scheduled for a 7:30 pm kickoff.
- The volleyball team remained unbeaten (8-0) by knocking off a pesky St. Mary's squad on Monday night. Earlier Monday, the Ducks moved up four spots to #9 in the latest national poll.
Don't forget to check out the videos after the jump. Go Ducks!