It's another great morning to be a Duck! Here's your morning quack:
- Rob Moseley's article this morning is on Byron Marshall, who saw the field quite a bit against Arkansas State, only to sit on the sideline against Fresno State. His inexperience (and two other freshman fumbling the ball) led coach Campbell to keep him off the field even with the game never really in doubt. Marshall sounds like he's learning, he'll get a lot more chances as the season progresses.
- Moseley also caught up with linebacker Rahim Cassell, who has been making a big impact on special teams.
- Adam Jude has an article on some underappreciated Ducks: Oregon's longsnappers. As any Oakland fan can tell you, it's a very important position. The fact that Jeff Palmer and Drew Howell are largely anonymous speaks to how well they've performed over the last couple seasons.
- Ken Woody has his review of the Fresno State game up, with Q&A from various fans. He talks a bit about the offensive line. He also covers the bizarre instant replay situation that happened in the Fresno State game, when De'Anthony Thomas' early touchdown was nullified because the refs wanted to review the previous play (when Mariota stepped out at the 3 going for a TD). There were some technical difficulties that helped cause this situation, but there is really no excuse for this level of incompetence.
- Apparently there's a twitter rally today for the Pac-12 Network. I don't know what that means, but if it helps out DirectTV customers, I'm in. Also, sounds like Dish will have HD in time for this weekend's games.
- Lastly, let's give some love to volleyball. They're currently 9-0 after downing Portland State yesterday. The No. 9 Ducks start conference play against OSU next Wednesday.
That's all I got for now. Leave anything else below. GO DUCKS!