On the night before many Duck fans were not going to be able to watch Oregon play, the Pac 12 has reached a carriage deal with DISH. This deal will go into effect immediately and DISH is also offering a free preview for all of its customers of the games this weekend. Here is a list of the games and channels:
• Sacramento State at Colorado, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 445
• Eastern Washington at Washington State, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 446
• Southern Utah at California, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• Fresno State at No. 4 Oregon, 3:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• No. 18 Oklahoma State at Arizona, 7:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• Duke at No. 25 Stanford, 7:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 445
DISH subscribers will also have access to stream all Pac 12 Network content through Pac 12 Now in the coming weeks. It should be interesting to see if DISH excludes some of the national areas outside the Pac 12 footprint (which doesn't sound like they are doing) like some of the cable providers have done.
Obviously the next big step for the Pac 12 will be to get DirecTV on board. With DISH in the mix now, that should seem more likely as customers that may not be in an area that carries one of the cable providers, now have an alternative. Let's just say the Pac 12 and Larry Scott just turned the heat up on the negotiations with DirecTV.