Ladies and gentlemen, you are such a wonderful crowd, we'd like to play a little tune for you. It's one of my personal favorites and I'd like to dedicate it to a young man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today - Cameron Frye, this Quack's for you:
- The No. 16 Oregon Ducks men's basketball squad takes the floor tonight against Washington State in a rare Wednesday game. The Ducks will have to contend with Cougar star Brock Motum.
- More bad news for the women's basketball program, as junior wing Deanna Weaver will transfer out of the program.
- Former Oregon pitcher Tyler Anderson has been named by Baseball America as one of the top prospects in the Rockies' organization.
- Apparently, the Oregon legislature has nothing legitimate to do with their time, and want to investigate whether Oregon complied with the "spirit" of the state's "Rooney Rule." I'm not really sure what the issue is here. Oregon followed the law and interviewed two minority candidates. It seems like Rep. Greenlick is upset that the Ducks seemed to have their mind made up heading into the hiring process, but that's not really something you could (or should) legislate.
- Finally, new bracketology updates are out. ESPN's Joe Lunardi pegs Oregon as a No. 5 seed in San Jose facing Bucknell, SI's Andy Glockner also has Oregon as a No. 5 seed in San Jose, taking on Belmont, and SB Nation's Chris Dobbertean has Oregon as, you guessed it, the No. 5 seed in San Jose playing Southern Miss.
Gotta run. If you find more Quack, please share.