- Oregon got a commitment from a sleeper offensive lineman this weekend. Elijah George of Arbor View, Nevada committed after his official visit this weekend. Sounds like a guy that the coaches see something in but isn't high on a lot of people's boards. I'm sure a signee like this is going to drive some of the "OREGON NEEDS BIGGER O-LINEMEN" crowd nuts.
- The basketball team got its ninth consecutive win with a sweep of the Washington schools this weekend. Obviously losing Artis for a number of weeks is going to test this team, especially as they go up against teams with better point guards. Right now I'm really worried about Cal on Saturday.
- It should also be interesting to see where the Ducks land in the top 25 this week. Some teams ahead of them lost, but it's more about the fact that Oregon now has a 20 game winning streak at home, has an improving RPI, and with Ucla losing to ASU and Arizona dropping one this week, look like the head of the class in the Pac 12.
- Speaking of recruiting, the basketball team got a commit from North Idaho College small forward Jalil Abdul Bassit. I also agree with Rickert (even though someone really needs to proof read that guy's stuff) that Oregon is 1 or 2 big time recruits away from being a solid top 10 team.
- Honestly, I think there are two reasons people are making a big deal out of the Matt Court sell out/not enough fans coming to games. One, Matt will always be compared to Mac, and that's not fair. They are 2 completely different environments. One is an arena, the other was more of a gymnasium. Matt will never be as loud, as intimate, nor have the historical feel that Mac provided. The second reason is the cost. Matt was built for top dollar at a time when the team was at bottom of the barrel. It's going to take time and classic wins (like the Arizona game) for people to really fall in love with Matt and appreciate what it was built for; the future.
- Also, this is awesome. Here is the video of Rupp running the 5th fastest mile even indoors.
- Here is your weekly, the women's basketball team did... wait, what? Well done ladies. I guess it's really difficult to winless for an entire season... cough... cough
That's all the quack I got. Leave any other pieces in the comments below.