- Anyone hear any good news this weekend? A lot of people expected to hear the news today after a scheduled team meeting, but Kelly is Tennessee for the college coaches convention and so word leaked out late last night that he is expected to stay at Oregon for next season.
- Not everyone was happy about the Kelly news. Apparently NFL owners don't like being told no, even though I doubt that is how it went down. Oh well, let the butthurt and PR spin begin. Kelly is staying at Oregon so NANNA NANNA BOO BOO, SUCK A DO DO!
- It's kind of fun to look back over the weekend and read some of the misguided media reports. My advice is stick to the guys that wait until the actual news is news, even when they're using sources.
- Never too early to start to look at the 2013 team, but right now it's good to reflect on how the 2012 teamaccomplished what they did. The next man in philosophy was important this year as Oregon battled numerous injuries and losses on both sides of the ball. If Oregon is able to stay normally healthy in 2013, it could make for a magical year.
- In basketball news, the Ducks got a big win on the road yesterday. OSU is not a team that will be competing for a tourney bid, like Oregon should this year, but they have talent and length and can cause a lot of problems in conference. Getting a win at their place to start the season continues the trajectory of this team and sets up a nice contest with #3 ranked Arizona this week in Eugene.
- On the other side of the court, the women's team dropped another conference game to Ucla. The positive spin is that Oregon is showing to be more competitive than a lot of people thought entering the season. The negative side is they continue to lose games. I have this team penciled for 1 maybe 2 wins in conference. The offseason for the Lady Ducks can't come soon enough.
- Speaking of Lady Ducks, the Track and Field got a nice commitment from an in state javelin thrower. Haley Crouser, the national prep record-holder, committed to Oregon and will compete in the javelin and heptathlon.
- Lastly, the BCS Championship Game is tonight and the winner of the ATQ Bowl Pick Em is still up for grabs. If you end up winning or coming in second place, please shoot me an email (check the masthead or my profile for my email) with your address and I'll make sure to get your prizes.
That's all the quack I got for right now. I'm sure there will be plenty more to drop so leave any other links in the comments below.