Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Oregon finishes the 2012 season much like it did the 2001 season: #2 in the final rankings after a dominant Fiesta Bowl win following a regular season with only a loss to Stanford blemishing their record.
Well, that was a predictable end to the college football season. Here's the first official quack of the offseason.
- With Alabama's dominating win over Notre Dame last night, the Ducks finished the season ranked #2 in both the AP and USA Today final polls. Paul Myerberg also takes a stab at what the preseason top 25 for next year might look like.
- The athletic department held a press conference yesterday to discuss Chip's decision to remain the Oregon head coach for at least one more year. Ken Goe adds that Oregon should continue to expect the unexpected from Coach Kelly.
- Ted Miller has his final conference rankings for 2012 with the top three spots held by the North. Amusingly, one team is omitted from the list.
- As Matt Daddy noted in yesterday's fix, Haley Crouser has committed to the Oregon track & field program. Curtis Anderson has expanded his blog post from yesterday to a full story on the big commitment.
- Offensive lineman Tyler Johnstone was named the Football Writers Association of America freshman all-American team. This marks the fourth freshman all-American team to which Johnstone has been named.
- Bob Clark's weekly look around the conference focuses on the resurgence of UCLA behind Shabazz Muhammad. Clark has Arizona, UCLA and Oregon as the top of his current rankings for the conference.