USA TODAY Sports Images
Your morning assortment of Oregon Ducks news.
"To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to. If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying." --Ichiro Suzuki
Clearly, Chip Kelly listens to good advice. Onto the Quack:
- As good a week as it's been for football, that season is over, and we turn our attention to hoops. And what a fun basketball squad we have. The Ducks take on No. 4 Arizona for a chance to jump into the top 25 and make an early conference statement. This is the biggest game in the history of Matthew Knight Arena, so pack the place and make it LOUD.
- Arik Armstead is now practicing. Says Dana Altman: "Football conditioning and basketball conditioning are two different things, so it might be a while before he's ready to go."
- Joe Lunardi's latest bracketology update is out, pitting Oregon as a No. 10 seed. In his projected bracket, the Ducks would take on Kentucky in Salt Lake City. Andy Glockner at SI also chimes in with his first bubble watch of the year.
- Former Oregon receiver Devon Blackmon has transferred to Riverside Community College. Best of luck to Devon.
- Alabama is a 5-1 favorite to win another national title next season, but Oregon is second with 8-1 odds.