Highlights (from Tuesday's practice report)
- In full pads in the Mo, the theme this week is to embrace the grind. At 6-0, the Ducks are sitting pretty, but Coach Helfrich is preaching to his team to embrace the difficulties that are starting to appear. This is always important, but especially this year with the schedule pretty back-loaded. But the lessons of 2011 USC and 2012 Stanford are still fresh to many players. Said Mariota: "Guys understand that for the last couple years we’ve let one go. Guys don’t want to have that happen again, so guys have the right mindset."
- Maldanado hit a couple more field goals over 35 yards, Josh Huff had a nice catch on a tipped ball, and Tyler Johnstone got out and put a hit on a linebacker.
- Ifo had a pick-six. I wish other teams would throw at him more.
Video of the Day
Nick Aliotti talks about the WSU offense, and has some advice for them. (Here's Jason Quick's article on Aliotti's comments if you can't watch the video).
- Ted Miller previews the second half of the season. His bold prediction: "This is Oregon's year. The Ducks will win the national title, Mariota will win the Heisman, and Mark Helfrich will earn national coach of the year honors." Good thing this team doesn't know what pressure is.
- Mariota spoke a bit to John Canzano yesterday about his plans after the season. The highlights of Mariota's quotes are here.
- Ken Goe thinks that neither Oregon and OSU will letdown this week. Which would be good in my mind, setting up a huge weekend of football on October 26th in the state of Oregon.
- Jason Quick's notebook on the team focuses on how the defense is looking to improve tackling, and also on the duo of Josh Huff and Bralon Addison.
- At the halfway point, Andrew Grief takes a look at Thomas Tyner's progress. It sure is awesome him as a #3 back.