Highlights (from Oregon's official practice reports)
- The team was in Autzen Stadium for walk-throughs.
- With De'Anthony Thomas likely out of Saturday's game with an ankle injury, a number of players could be used in returns with the report focusing on Troy Hill.
- The weather was probably a good representation of what the team will face in Colorado on Saturday.
- Any chance for a Colorado upset against Oregon on Saturday? Not likely but hey, Stanford did upset USC in 2007 as a 41-point favorite.
- Some early BCS predictions has Oregon and Alabama on top. One game at a time, fellas.
- Lots of teams in the Pac-12 are trying to catch up to Oregon in terms of tempo. I guess my question is why more teams aren't trying to be like Stanford.
- Graduate assistant coach Cha'pelle Brown returns to his alma mater this weekend.
- Looks like USC reached out to Jeff Tedford about a position and he declined.
- Chris Petersen would be the greatest get in the world for USC.
- Chip Kelly is not entertaining USC offers.
Blurb of the Day
After another brilliant performance by Jay Stricherz, Bruce Feldman asks a philosophical question about refs. I think the answer is probably no EXCEPT the SEC. They think their refs stink but not nearly as much as everyone else's because... well... SEC.
Is there a conference in major college football that doesn't think its refs stink?— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) October 4, 2013
Friday Video of the Week
The Marshmallow Test (via IgniterMedia)