- I don't think I could disagree with Dwight Jaynes more. If Oregon is going to be gifted a shot of another BCS Game, I sure as hell want to play Bama. Ideas like "this team isn't good enough" or "would be damaging to their brand" are utter crap. You should always want to play the best, and if Oregon gets another BCS shot it's because of their brand.
- Taylor Hart and Marcus Mariota shared team MVP honors at the annual football banquet. After Friday though, I would kind of lean towards Josh Huff getting that "outstanding offensive impact" award.
- Speaking of Friday, how crazy was college football this weekend? The Civil War was great, Michigan took Ohio State to the last play of the game, and I don't think I've ever seen a game end on a Kick-Six like the Iron Bowl.
- It's probably still going to take a little more craziness for Oregon to see another BCS shot, but it looks like the Pac 12 is going to have 9 teams in bowl games.
- The Ducks went 3-0 in their weekend tourney with wins over Pacific, North Dakota and Cal Poly. The team is now 7-0 and set up for a match with Ole Miss next Sunday and Illinois on the 14th.
- Dana Altman also got a nice early Christmas present when he just signed a 3 year extension covering him through 2017 with a base salary of $1.8 million. His new contract does have larger incentives though for post season success and NCAA compliance.
- Finally, the Lady Ducks got a nice win over Princeton to improve to 4-2 on the season.
"Fans hold their breath for a different reason on field goals" Blurb of the Day
It's like covering a punt with four guys. It's scary. ... You want to hold your breath.UO coach Mark Helfrich said.
That's all the quack I got. If you find any other pieces, feel free to leave them in the comments below.