- It's game day and the Ducks will take on the Texas Longhorns on ESPN at 3:45pm. There has been plenty of previews out there for this game. Especially from this site so everyone knows what to expect by now. Finally, here's the Pac-12's rundown of the match up. Should be a great day of Duck football, so stick around for the game threads and recaps and talk about all the Duck action here.
- If you didn't hear, this will be Nick Aliotti's last game as an Oregon Duck coordinator.I'm sad to see Aliotti leave and I've been one of his staunchest advocates the last couple of years, but I'm really happy he's going out on his terms, with a Rose Bowl victory under his belt and a legacy as one of the best coaches in Oregon history. Thanks for all the years coach.
- This has been a topic of conversation around these parts a number of times. Should coaches tell players where to play, or let them decide. I think one thing definitely lost in Miller's response is the fact that there is a balance and coaches can influence without determining. For DAT, I think he is much more suited on the offensive side of the ball. But he should never have been the feature back for the Ducks. That was a huge mistake by Frost and Helf. As for Armstead, he's starting on the D-line and if the coaches really wanted him at offensive tackle, I'm sure if he was buried on the depth chart this year, he'd be asking to make the switch himself.
- Excellent break down on how Oregon achieves success with everything they have against them. Entrepreneurial Forethought, Pioneering Innovation, and Disciplined Overachievement. Pretty much sums up the University perfectly.
- 12-0. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!?!?
Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, Chip Kelly - All left the PAC-12 for the NFL and won division titles in their first year.— Scott Enyeart (@ScottEnyeart) December 30, 2013